Archive | October 2011

Weekly Challenge #45 + Leonardo

Hello all. Hope all is okay.

This week’s challenge from the Diva is to use the new tangle Punzel. It’s one of those tangles that you either find it easy straight away or need to work at it. I got it pretty quickly and haven’t stopped using it!

With this one I used a black sketch book and drew the tangles with white pencil. Then I used my watercolour set to add a colour.

I have also used this new tangle in my art journal:
I need to control myself a little better with zentangling. I seem to be using it in every little white space! The hands looked better without the tangle.

Me and my drawing is taking over my art journal. I’m liking creating these kind of characters.

Away from the zentangle world now and into the cross stitching one. I was going to update last Friday but I got upset that my MP3 player decided to pack up on me. It wasn’t even 5 months old!!! Got a new one now…
I said I felt page three of Leonardo will be my quickest page stitched so far. And I still feel like that. I could even see it being finished next week. Mainly because I’ve been doing the backstitch as I go. I do not like leaving the whole page of backstitch to last. It takes forever to do!

Thank you to everyone who has left a comment. It really makes me happy and I like reading them. Thank you.

Thanks for looking…


Weekly Challenge #44: “String Theory v. VI: Tangled on the inside”

This weeks challenge over ‘I am the Diva’ is to create a zentangle with a tangle as a string. Basically, a tangle within a tangle. My tangle is my favourite one so far, the Paradox.

Click image for larger picture.

In this tangle I used: Keeko, Shard, Bilt, Coaster and Jonqal.

This was a fun challenge and took me a little while to work out what tangle to use as a string. But I’m happy with the end result. Only tangle choice I’m not happy with is ‘Coaster’. Everything else is fine.

Thank you for looking…

Leonardo Page 2

Since my last post, I have given my tilt stand another go. To be honest I just wanted to stitch Leonardo. I’m still going to look for another stitching stand. The best place for me is the Hobbycraft show at the NEC in November. We’re going on Friday 4th. I know what I’m looking for and hoping it will be a ‘no-sew’ frame.

Moving onto Leonardo. I put him back on the tilt stand on Monday morning after I finished a UFO. I forgot to take a picture of the finish and will show you next time. I managed to get the frabic taught with no difficulty but as the week went on, it lost its taughtness. I regained it again but the frame is sort of lop-sided. The one thing that I get frustrated with. However, I have managed to finish page 2 of Leonardo. I’m still not a fan of couching but I’m sure I’ll get there.

On the same day of finishing page 2, I started page 3. I was thinking of working on another UFO but carried on with Leonardo. I do feel page 3 will be a quicker stitch. Apart from the weekend I spend the mornings stitching and there’s nothing to disrupt that. Page 1 took about 2 months to stitch, mainly because of a week holiday and helping clear out my late granny’s house. Page 2 took a little longer. Again, I helped out clearing the house and then put Leonardo aside to stitch a wedding sampler for my cousin and her new husband (I got a thank you card from them at the end of September, so I’m happy). So hopefully page 3 will be finished before the first week of December (or am I being too hopeful?).

All pictures a clickable to see a larger image.

Thank you for looking…

Falling Behind

I seem to be falling behind blogging. Somehow I knew I would eventually. It’s mainly because there are times when I don’t know what to write. When I have pictures I feel I have to write something about them and my mind goes blank. Then I don’t update and I fall behind. I really need to think about what I want from this blog.

In the end I didn’t enter the ‘Land of Mystery’ writing challenge. I had a few ideas and wasn’t happy with what I ended up with. I can never seem to place given objects into the story very well. Maybe I should try to discipline myself with one story and random objects being placed in the story somewhere. Sort of sounds like a good idea.
This month theme for the writing challenge is ‘Halloween’. I’ve already gone through 2 ideas for this and now got an idea for the third one. This is  where I need the discipline. One idea, one story. Never gonna happen!

On the cross stitching side, I’ve put Leonardo away (again). I got frastrated very easily and decided to give up. However, I am determined to get Leonardo finished eventually. I don’t know where or not to give the tilt stand another go or to sew him onto my small frame. Need to think about this.
I do have two finishes to show you though. I ventured away from aida and finally tried my hand on linen. However, I’m not easily converted. I guess it’s because I’ve been using aida since summer 2006. I need to do more on linen to like it a lot more.

Spot of tea. Stitched one 28 count linen with some recommended threads and some subsitutions.

Funny thing robort. Stitched on 28 count linen with some recommended thread and some subsitutions.

Into the zentangle world, I didn’t take part in this weeks Diva challenge. Ideas were in my mind but when it came to putting it on paper, I just couldn’t do it. So hopfully I will be able to take part this week.

Thank you to for taking your time to reading this blog and thanks for the comments. It means a lot, it really does.

Thanks for looking…